MZ-1T01 data recorder
The MZ-1T01 data recorder is inbuilt in MZ-731 and MZ-721 only, but you can easily add one to your MZ-711 subsequently.
The MZ-1T01 can be operated like a common audio recorder.
|RECORD||to save a program or data|
|PLAY||to load a program or data|
|REWIND||to rewind the tape|
|FFWD||to forward the tape|
|STOP/EJECT||to stop the tape and that deactivates all active buttons. If no button is active the cassette will be ejected by pressing this button|
* Write down the tape counter value after saving for later use. This will enable you to easily find the point for a new SAVE or a LOAD. The reset key sets the tape counter to 000. Use it when you start a cassette from its beginning.
For best results use normal tapes ( Fe ) with capacities up to a maximum of 60 minutes ( C30 – C 60 ). Tapes with capacities more than 60 minutes are thin and can result in read errors by deforming during the age.
RECORD / FAST FORWARD / REWIND torque measurements
- Set the torque instrument on the cassette tape recorder.
- Torque value under each mode must be as follows:
Position Torque measuring cassette Value PLAYBACK TW-2111 30~ 70gram / cm FAST FORWARD TW-2231 60~ 160gram / cm REWIND TW-2231 60~ 160gram / cm
Record / playback head azimuth adjustment
- Set the instrument as shown.
- Plaback the test tape ( Teac’s MTT111, recorded with 3KHz signals ).
- Adjust the head azimuth adjusting screw so that the reading on the digital voltmeter is at its maximum value.
Cleaning of head
The head is critical for a proper performance of the tape recorder. Dust on the head, capstan, pinch roller, etc. impedes proper recording and playback.
Open the cassette holder, take out the tape, push down the PLAYBACK pushbutton, then clean those components. If you can see any oxide deposit, clean them using a cutton bud damped with alcohol.
RECORD pushbutton can not be pushed in
The RECORD pushbutton can not be pushed in, if the erasure protect tab of the cassette tape is broken. Forcible depression of the button may result in machine failure.
Tape speed adjustment
- Connect the wow-flutter measuring instrument to #8 pin of the CNW3001 connector.
- Playback the testtape ( UKOG-0119CSZZ, MTT-113 recorded with 8KHz signals ). Use the middle part of the tape for test.
- Adjust the semi-fixed resistor located on the Motor Board so that the playback frequency should become 8000 ± 250Hz.
Using other types of recorders externally
You can use each other audio recorder or data recorder if no MZ-1T01 is available ( e.g. MZ-711 ). To this you need a known stereo audio cable with cinch connectors mounted at the ends of the cable. Connect the following plugs:
You’ll find the plugs of the MZ-700 at his reverse side,
the plugs are labeled with READ and WRITE.
* Please take note of the following items:
1. The message “ RECORD. PLAY” will never appear on the screen if you execute the save process. Please press this button before you execute the save command. Some recorders will have pressed the RECORD button and the PLAY button coincidentally. The motor can’t be controlled by the MZ-700, so you have to press the STOP button at the end of the save process.
2. The message “ PLAY” will never appear on the screen if you execute the load process. Please press this button before executing the load command. The motor can’t be controlled by the MZ-700, so you have to press the STOP button at the end of the load process.
3. Adjust the volume control and the record control to high signals. Set it to a little bit higher signals as you do for audio signals. May be, audio recorder with an automatic control will not work properly.
|4. Try to set the switch for the polarity of the audio recorder’s head to the alternate position of the switch if it is not possible to load data / programs from the audio recorder. To this, you must remove the MZ-1T01 by removing his two screws at the backside of the MZ-700.|
5. Use the audio recorder that saved your data / programs to load the data / programs. To prevent problems don’t use different audio recorders.
6. The programs saved by an audio recorder cannot be loaded by the MZ-1T01.
* The data recorder MZ-1T04 of the MZ-821 can be used too like the MZ-1T01 without any restrictions.
External recorder playback circuit
When the external recorder is used, connection is made with the 8255 by shorting P-12. In this condition, the write data ( 8255 PC output ) is differentiated and sent to the recorder.
In the case of read, the signal peak is chopped by D1 and D2 ( about 0.6V ), amplified in the 1.2V limiter ( about 1.2V ), then amplified to 5V in the next stage amplifier. The phase of the read signal may be inverted with the tape switch after this is to compensate for phase difference owing to the head of the recorder.
* When proper operation is not attained with an external recorder, adjust the volume control and the tone control knobs to optimum positions. Those which incorporate treble and base for tone control should preferable be set to a flat condition, and those with only a tone control knob, should be set to a high condition.